Digital Certificate for DGFT: DGFT digital certificate is mandatory to transact with DGFT website. It is a type of class 3 digital signature certificate which is used for Importer & Exporter community (EXIM) registered with Directorate General of Foreign trade (DGFT) in India. These certificates come in signing version only. These certificates issued to an individual on behalf of a company/ firm/ organization. Digital signature for DGFT come in signing version only and can be issued with validity of one or two year. The validity can be renewed on the early end of expiry date. These certificates have legal identity under Information Technology Act, 2000.
Advantages of digital certificate for DGFT:
- Reduce turnover time: With the use of digital certificate for DGFT anyone from Importer & Exporter community can fill application duly digitally signed and apply electronically for the license for DGFT. To avail a digital signature of DGFT importer exporter must have valid IEC code from DGFT department.
- Reduced cost: DGFT provides 50% wavier on license fees imposed on Exporter & Importer who are apply through digital signature certificate of DGFT.
- Reduced paperwork: Because an Exporter or importer having valid IEC code can apply online for DGFT, it reduced paperwork associated in physical method.
- Authenticity: If an EXIM organization applies for a license then their uploaded document must be digitally signed. DGFT website mandate EXIM organization to have digital signature for any online transaction. DGFT process documents for license only after validating sender’s identity, digital signature certificate and authenticity of all accompanying documents.
- Trust: Because of security, integrity concerns and rules associated with in the process of issuing licensing it increase trust of not being repudiated.
Foreign Trade and Digital Signature Certificate
Any Exporter Importer Community who have a valid Importer Exporter code number (IEC) can apply online on DGFT website for license for foreign trade. They can upload accompanying documents on DGFT website which are mandatory digitally signed. Then their authenticities are being checked with Digital signature certificates. Organization can prevent fault by using digital signature. If a Custom House Agent is filling documents of a EXIM organization then those document necessarily accompanied with Digital signature certificate. DSC is a legal process so all uploaded document are considered as per the physical documents. After thoroughly examining all documents and validating sender’s identity license issuing process can be started.